- The Festival is meant for Short Films only and submission is open ONLY to residents of India.
- The competition is open for General and Women.
- Only Best short film and Best Director under General and Women categories will be considered separate. Other awards are under common only.
- Total running time must be Maximum of 40 minutes including front and back credits. There is no minimum running time.
- The short film can be in any Indian language or genre, but English subtitles are compulsory for languages other than English for festival presentation.
- Short Films that have been already exhibited on the Internet or any other medium also eligible for participation in the contest
- The short film must have been completed after 1st January 2015.
- The film should be submitted before the deadline for consideration. Sieger Events is not responsible for late or misappropriated entries.
- The competition is open for professionals as well as students. No separate section for student filmmakers
- Multiple entries are allowed for each submitter and each entry may be submitted with separate submission fees.
- The short film must be submitted/uploaded in MOV/MPEG-4/WMV format only
- The publicity material (Brochure, Stills, Poster, etc.) and a synopsis of the short film to be enclosed with the entry. Entries must be sent via Filmfreeway along with the YouTube / Google drive link to your short film. Entry materials submitted shall not be returned to the entrant.
- Sieger National Short Film Festival Rules and Regulation acceptance covering letter.
- Short Films must contain synopsis. If submission without synopsis will not be considered
- A filmmaker’s submission fee will not be reimbursed if they decide to withdraw their submission. All entry fees are non-refundable.
- Films once selected for final screening will not be allowed to be withdrawn under any circumstances until the festival is over.
- Sieger National Short Film Festival organizing, selection committee members, juries are not allowed to participate in the respective festival as a contestant
- Submission Deadlines with a Non-Refundable Registration Fee:
Regular Submission: 15th January 2020
Late Deadline: 7th February 2020